Info Security & ID Management Business Analyst capable of interviewing all application users & writing specs & documentation for the IT Programmers who are implementing an ID Management Software.
This role is responsible for serving as liaison between internal and external stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate entitlement definitions for platform applications.
The job will entail working with internally and externally hosted applications, collecting functional descriptions and integrating the entitlement descriptions into the existing identity and access management solution, the application itself or an Excel spreadsheet as directed.
The position is based in New York City. No Telecommuting or Flex work (Sorry).
- Works with business partners within multiple departments to document Plain English Descriptors (PED) for the entitlements (functions) within each application. This is done at the functional level, not the group level.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business and technology partners in order to provide effective technical solutions.
- Keeps client informed of problems, issues, and resolutions.
- Meets weekly with team to gather work status, work progress and obstacles.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- More than 3 years of work experience with the IT or Risk & Compliance function of a financial institution.
- Prior experience working in Information Security or as a Business Analyst for IT / IS / Risk / Compliance preferred.
- Experience with documenting and partnering with IT on application systems auditing and implementations desired.
- Must be very proficient in MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word & Outlook.
- Must be a proven IT Business Analyst with sufficient industry-standard knowledge of activities relating to ID management, Entitlements definition, Information Security Procedures normally associated with the Information Security function.
- Must exhibit ability to research ID entitlements, document various roles, authority classifications, system privileges, role scripts, etc. normally associated with profiles on key applications usually used by the business and maintained by the IT department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, and the ability to present findings before senior management team members.
- Certification in Identity and Access Management is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Banking & Financial Services Industry required.